Be the Change

Nurture your connections to the people around you.
-

29 September 2008

September - sites not seen on the Internet

A Day in the Field on Cherokee
Fieldwork is few and far between anymore, but a bad day in the field is always better than a good day at the office. On this field day I not only stored the kudzu herbicide improperly, but I also got reemed by campers about the occurrence of pine trees in the campground. Yes, pine trees in the campground! Pine cones fall on camper's RVs and therefore I should chop them down. I really wanted to tell these campers that they should just stay home. Still, an eagle was soaring above my head and my heart smiled.

Me and my sweetie
Nobody loves me as much as this lil one, Elizabeth. On this day we ate taters, corn dogs, and listened to Scots-Irish music in Dandridge.

Me and my puplers
These black fuzzies have nothing but love for me. On this evening we slept on the backporch under the stars and Beepers maimed an oppossum. The puplers proceeded to acquire a case of tapeworms shortly after. Two nights later they chased a raccoon off the front porch. We truly live at a Menagerie.

Nature Unplugged
I did it... I hiked Mt. LeConte - the tallest mountain (from base to summit) in the eastern United States. It was fantabulous!

Nature Unplugged Part II
This is a blue spotted salamander - one of the 32 different salamander species in the Smokies, the salamander diversity capital of the world!

Girls Day Out
I do have some friends my own age but I quess we haven't taken many pictures of eachother lately.

Instant Friends
I went to a training course earlier this month where I got paid to walk around and assess accessiblity standards of recreation facilities. I made some wonderful friends - "Life is Good" Andy from Wisconsin Dept of Natural Resources and "Southern Fried Hair" Kirsten from Point Reyes National Seashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'